Revlon Lip Butters


After hearing so many good things about the Revlon Lip Butters on youtube and blogs I couldn't help myslef and placed an order a few weeks ago. They're not available in Australia until later in the year so I first laced my order through Amazon. After being notified a few times that there were out of stock and being delayed I decided I couldn't wait any longer so picked them up from eBay instead and I am not disappointed at all. They come in the same sort of packaging as the Revlon Colour Burst Lipsticks which I adore so I was already feeling good things about these before I took the lids off.

L-R: Peach Parfait, Cotton Candy and Cupcake
I planned to get just a few to see if I liked the formulation but pretty quickly found myself with 6 shades as there were so many gorgeous colours I couldn't decide! I think I got a fairly good selection of the types of colours I like to wear - a few different pinks, a more neutral shade and a berry.

Swatches, L-R: Peach Parfait (a more brown toned, peachy netural), Cotton Candy (a bright mid pink with a slichtly blue undertone) and Cupcake (a very blue based pink, looks a bit like MAC Viva Glam Gaga in the tube)
The formula of these is lovely, they glide on smoothly and are very moisturising. I've definately noticed some shades seem a bit more pigmented than others but overall they are the perfect combination of lipstick and glossy balm.
L-R: Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart and Raspberry Pie
I will definately be adding more of these to my wishlist, I am looking foward to these being released in Australia so I can swatch them before deciding on more colours however I am interested to see what price these are in Australia. They retail in the US for around $8 so hopefully they won't be around the price of the Colour Burst Lipsticks here (about $21.95).
Swatches, L-R: Strawberry Shortcake (a bold bright pink), Sweet Tart (a dark pink with more of a red tone) and Raspberry Pie (a deep berry)
Have you tried any of these Lip Butters? What were your favourite colours?

Hope you are all having a beautiful day!


2 comments:

  1. I am loving my butters, I have Pink Truffle and Sugar Plum, and can't wait to buy more! :)

    Revlon Australia responded to my email saying that they would be released next month...I think someone mentioned they'd be retailing for about $21 AUD each, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that's what they're going to charge for them here! Think I'll stick to picking them up online for now...

    ReplyDelete